Monday, August 31, 2015

Artists As Late Bloomers and Other Life Changers





Storms blowing through our area completely pulled up my largest tomato plant, overturned chairs, and dotted the yard with large leaves and tree branches, but my late bloomer rose bush stood its ground! Surveying the damage today somehow transitioned into thinking about artists as late bloomers.

Later as I started to update my about page on Etsy  I thought of the many artists I've known and heard about recently who came to  art after other careers. "Late bloomers" they are called, sometimes derisively.

How many came to an "aha moment" to make a life change? How many worked and worked much of their adult years to be able to afford being the artist they always knew they were? How many juggled their priorities through the storms of life and somehow kept going? Is this true of other professionals, e.g., musicians?

Maybe it's all about life changes and how adaptable people are. Maybe it's just the creativity in each person that propels them to take the risks of changes. I don't pretend to have the answers. I'm just observing lots of these changes presently and not only in the art world. 

Here's to the start of a new month tomorrow and a new school year for young and old.
Be the original you are!  





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails