Monday, October 13, 2014

"Iris Study #2"
5 x 7" oil
 
Several of my floral watercolors were painted from the iris fields of a fellow painter near Salem, Oregon. One painting more recently is an oil on a large canvas nearly 4 ft. in size. However, that oil painting looks rather abstract because it is not completed as I planned.
 
I've debated what to do with the painting, whether to destroy it or paint another image. So, I needed to get back into painting irises to make a decision about this incomplete painting.  Hence, a couple of small individual irises as studies.
 
The iris pictured here and its companion piece are oil on canvas panels. I've listed both of them today in my Etsy shop KJoannRussellArt. They'll make a perfect pair when framed. 
 
Yes, I'll complete the large painting, but not today. More small paintings are being added weekly on KJoannRussell.com 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails