Monday, July 15, 2013

Nasturtiums Abstract Colorful Painting in Daily Art Journal of K. Joann Russell

"Nasturtiums"
5 1/2 x 9" acrylic on paper

Nasturtiums in orange and yellow colors are growing at present in my garden voluntarily from seeds fallen from last year's flowers. The bright colors greet me every day. Small birds dart around underneath the large green leaves next to the leaves of the red Oriental poppies now finished with their blooming. 

I started a small 5 x 7" daily painting of a few blossoms of the nasturtiums only to have interruptions start at me coming left and right. Consequently the painting still waits for a few more brush strokes of paint.

My daily artist journal entry takes only a quick 5 - 10 minutes, so I expressed my joy in the colors of nasturtiums in this sketch. All that I used for colors were the "leftover" tube colors now in film canisters, a bright yellow, a yellow-orange, and a dark green. Sorry, no brand nor specific color names for this collection of canisters.


Click on the image of the sketch above to see the interesting details in the paint application.
 
View a few of my previously sold nasturtium paintings in my flower paintings archives

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails