Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beautiful Oil Painting of Sunflower by Painter of Sunflowers, K. Joann Russell

"Sunflower in the Sun"
5 x 7" oil on canvas
SOLD

This beautiful painting of a sunflower I found this morning while going through inventory digital files in search of some specific paintings for requested prints. I had a retrospective exhibit to enjoy all by myself! 

In the sunflower paintings I found this one which I had totally forgotten that I had painted back in 2003! It sold immediately after I painted it. I can see why. The painting is so fresh, spontaneous, colorful, all the qualities I strive for in a painting and hit occasionally. This one hit it!

If you haven't visited my website, please do. While there you can check on a few paintings of my "retrospective" of sunflowers art in the abbreviated archives.

What do you like best in this small beautiful painting?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails