Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Two Rural Landscape Paintings of One Rural Scene from Series by K. Joann Russell

Beyond the Dikes, colorful rural landscape painting by K. Joann Russell

"Beyond the Dikes"
4 x 5 x 3/4" acrylic on canvas, gallery wrap
Purchase


Often I paint in series, that is, several paintings of one general subject. I've painted in my Swan Lake, OR series for a number of years. In fact, I have a couple of larger paintings still not completed in this group!

Today I'm looking at two paintings from the same spot in this southern Oregon valley! The small painting above was completed first. Notice how simplified I've made this rural scene.

Below is the second painting completed at a later date from the same vantage point.


Colorful Rural Landscape Painting Swan Lake Series 7
"Swan Lake Series #7"
8 x 10 x 3/4" oil on canvas, gallery wrap
Purchase

In the second painting of the dikes I wanted to show more of the pasture lands so I chose a little higher perspective for the composition. Also, I wanted to unify the painting with brighter yellow colors. All the colors are brighter than the dull browns and grays of the scene.

Which painting do you like the best?

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails