Monday, March 26, 2012

Bright Red Poppies in Variety of Styles and Media

Colorful Abstract Painting of Red Poppy on Watercolor Paper
"Color Chord #55"
4 x 6" acrylic on watercolor greeting card
Purchase

Bright red oriental poppies show off in gardens with their colors and petal shapes. I finally purchased some red poppy plants for my garden and remembered the many times I've painted them. Now I won't have to rely on neighbors for reference material!

"Color Chord #55" is the latest colorful painting of these poppies. It is painted with acrylics in an abstract style on a watercolor paper greeting card. These small abstract paintings are offered exclusively in my Etsy shop

Other paintings of red poppies include the following:





Oil on gallery wrap canvas
Watercolor on paper





Acrylic on paper

Watercolor on paper





Oil on stretched canvas


Which painting do you like best? For color? For style? For composition? For media?

You'll find these paintings in the "Poppies" section of my flower paintings archives. They are available as fine art prints on paper, canvas, and greeting cards.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails