Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Red Poppy Abstract Small Painting on Watercolor Paper Greeting Card

"Color Chord #46"
4 x 6" Acrylic on Watercolor Paper Greeting Card
$14.50 incl S&H

Red poppy garden flowers have been on my wish list for my garden choices for a long time. Finally I incorporated them in my design plans for the new cottage style flower garden. I'm including oriental and iceland poppies. Now I can paint them at home rather than finding them elsewhere.

Those red poppies must have been on my mind when I selected the limited palette for this small abstract painting. The textures and dark blue green colors contrast beautifully with the tissue look of the red petals.

This painting is #46 in the "Color Chord" series of original art I started after the artistic journal color explorations written about on this blog.

2 comments:

Pa Ul said...

great piece

K Joann Russell said...

Thank you, Pa Ul. Your abstract work shows how you can appreciate these small colorful paintings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails