Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sunflower ACEO Original Painting Using Limited Palette



"Sunflower #84" ACEO Original Painting
3.5 x 2.5" mixed media on watercolor paper
$14.50 with free S & H
SOLD
A sunflower ACEO original painting using a limited palette shows the effects of blue and yellow color mixes. The gessoed watercolor paper I painted a golden yellow color.
With watercolor pencils I drew the sunflower image and used yellow, blue and orange washes. Later I applied acrylic washes of yellow to the flower petals. Then I used acrylic washes in varying strengths of ultramarine blue to glaze the leaves and darken the background.
Notice the color effects of the blue over the yellow areas. Remember that I did not use any green paint or green watercolor pencil. The ultramarine blue with yellows gives a muted green which adds to the subtleties of this small painting. In a white mat the ACEO is striking.
For more of my sunflower art please visit my website to enjoy the many sunflower images in the archives of sold paintings of sunflowers.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails