Thursday, April 7, 2011

Springtime House Finch in Paper Sculpture of Anna-Wili Highfield

Paper Sculpture by Anna-Wili Highfield
House Finch
2010
14cmx 15cm x 7cm
ink, water colour, archival cotton paper, cotton thread, brass rod, timber block

Yesterday I noted a single bright red house finch among the birds at the feeder in my yard. Amazingly, in reading a person's reference to an artist, I found the most incredible sculptures in paper by this Australia artist. And, lo and behold, there was a red house finch!

I asked the artist's permission to feature her exquisite work on my blog and she graciously agreed. For an artistic treat please view her work at annawilihighfield.com

In addition to this little bird I was fascinated with her horse sculptures, done in paper!

It was so refreshing to digress from two-dimensional art for this blog post.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails