Monday, December 27, 2010

Original Small Painting Greeting Card Impressionistic


"Color Chord #2"
4 1/4 x 6 1/4" image on 5 x 7" greeting card
acrylic on watercolor paper

Today is the day I began offering my hand painted original greeting cards for purchase. The first card I uploaded to my Etsy shop had 24 views within 2 hrs. That's on a site that has hundreds of thousands visitors each day.

This card has a light, springtime feel to it. Reminds me of the fruit tree blossoms amid spring green leaves.

These cards are impressionistic in style. Some people might classify them as abstract. They are simply products of my playing with colors, especially color shapes.

I started the cards when I recently finished my two year artistic journal of color explorations. Each is unique. I couldn't repeat the exact painting if I tried. They are totally fun to paint. Most turn out really lovely, but, I must admit, some colors don't turn out exciting when I'm finished.

Because I accidentally scraped one corner edge of this card, "Color Chord #2", I'm giving it free to the first person to request it via e-mail. The small painting is fine and excellent for framing.

All the cards have matching white envelopes.

Happy New Year to the person that receives this card AND to everyone else!

3 comments:

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

I love your cards....what are they painted on? I may have missed that in the description. Good luck on Etsy with them!

K Joann Russell said...

Thanks for your comment, Gretchen. They are painted on heavyweight watercolor paper blank cards put out by Strathmore and Canson. I have quite a supply of Strathmore, so I'm using it the most. It feels 140# but haven't checked the specs lately.

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

Thanks for the information and good luck with your cards....they are wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails