Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hand Painted Greeting Card As Small Original Painting


"Color Chord #3"

4 1/4 x 6 1/4" image on 5 x 7" greeting card
acrylic on watercolor paper

My original paintings of sunflowers give me a fascination with their yellow and green colors. I try all kinds of combinations of those two colors. Chromium oxide green, as I've mentioned in other blog posts, I tend to avoid even though it is the perfect true color for a sunflower leaf.

This small painting which is painted on watercolor card stock can be framed or given as a one of a kind gift to someone special. The idea for these colorful pieces of art came from my earlier blogs about my color explorations of the last two years.

You'll find them in my Etsy shop. Click here for purchase information.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails