Thursday, April 8, 2010

Small Colorful Painting of Pansy Flower Garden by K Joann Russell


"Red Pansy" ACEO
2.5 x 3.5 " acrylic on watercolor paper

Pansies seem to be drawing my attention during this seasonal transition into spring. Among my selection of unusual colors this year is a velvety deep red variety. The challenge in the color mixing to depict that red color was fun, to say the least! I used a combination of deep brilliant red and maroon acrylic paints to get close to the true color of the petals. I must admit that there was a point in making this small painting that I nearly gave up. I kept going until the colors and composition gave me a degree of satisfaction.

You can purchase this red pansy in my Etsy shop where I sell my ACEOs.
Purchase

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails