Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Patchwork Sunflower Original Painting, Abstract Colorful Art


"Patchwork Sunflower"
12 x 9" acrylic painting on watercolor paper




Using only a #6 bright brush I applied color patches of a few acrylic paints on watercolor paper in a pleasing abstract composition. After looking at the resulting colorful painting a patchwork of colors suggested a sunflower head.


Today I developed the painting around the patchwork motif, leaving the original sunflower head as it was in the initial paint application. I used only the #6 brush except for the signature. This small painting shows how much my artistic journal entries have affected my painting style.

2 comments:

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

This has a very "Monet" feel.

K Joann Russell said...

Thanks, Gretchen, for your compliment. Monet is one of my favorites, so I guess that affinity came thru.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails