Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bright Colorful Sunflower Original Painting, Sunflower Studio Art


"Beginning to Bloom"
12 x 9" acrylic painting on watercolor paper



How all those colorful sunflower petals are folded into the seed head amazes me! Gradually it opens out into a large sunflower. The process of unfolding bright yellow petals in sunflowers fascinated me.

The composition for this original painting stared at me for a long time before I painted it. The position of the flower challenged me to show its three dimensionality on a two dimension sheet of watercolor paper. I nearly gave up on the painting more than once, but I finally achieved what I wanted to express, the bursting forth of the sunflower.

The painting comes to you unframed. It is sealed with varnish on both sides of the archival prepared watercolor paper so you can frame with or without glass. A light colored mat would really set off the painting's colors.

1 comment:

Roby Baer said...

I love your bright Colorful Sunflower paintings Joann...keep up the beautiful work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails