Monday, October 12, 2009

Southern Oregon Valley Sketch for Landscape Paintings

"Southern Oregon Valley Sketch"
5 x 8" acrylic/ink on paper

Five minutes of playing with four colors plus white! The result seemed to be a composite sketch of the landscape elements around this part of Oregon...the mountains, forests, orchards and vineyards, the open lands, rivers and the changing cloud formations. The ink lines give more definition to the color shapes.

It is a month since my last post. Wow! Has it been that long? At times I've been tempted to use this blog to chronicle my adventures learning about a new town and its people, but I've resisted and kept the blog specific to art. I guess I need to do more super fast sketches.

To read my comments about my comings and goings, I suggest reading my tweets on twitter. @KJoannRussell

1 comment:

Carol Lois Haywood said...

Even though this painting is in acrylic and ink, it has a transparent watercolor look. And I think it's a very beautiful result. If you hadn't told us that you took five minutes to do it, we might have thought it was days in the planning and execution. Nice work!
Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails