Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Second Mountain Meadow Oil Painting Sketch from Southern Oregon


"Mountain Meadow Sketch #2"
4 x 5 3/4" oil painting on gessoed watercolor paper

Working in a series or painting from memory surely sharpens our visual skills. This sketch I painted the same afternoon as the one posted yesterday. However, I remembered how the light brightened the meadow earlier in the afternoon. I added some complementary color touches of light lavender in the yellows of the fields and specs of red in the evergreen masses of trees. That added something to the composition and made it more alive. I even acquiesced to my brother's desire to have wisps of high clouds in the sky! Artistic license!

Which rendition do you like of the two?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails