Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hydrangea and Irises in Colored Pencil for Scrapbooking



3 x 3" colored pencil on paper


While working on my visual journal last night I found in my supplies for scrapbooking these little treasures. My daughter Liz who designs scrapbooks, especially the digital ones that Creative Memories prints in book format, requested them a few years ago as an experiment. After my fiasco yesterday with the ACEO and watercolor pencils, I decided to share these with you to show what can be done with colored pencils without washes.



Three 1.5 x 1.5" colored pencil on paper

The three irises were intended to be used separately with a pleasing color of paper behind the tiny art. I scanned them all together to save time. I haven't made anymore of these tiny pieces of art because they are time consuming. But, I've painted with acrylic paints directly on my scrapbook pages when I've had the time and inclination.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails