Sunday, November 23, 2008

I've been tagged!

Remember the childhood game of tag, you're it? Well, tagging is part of the blog world, too. It's fun when you have the time to participate. I chose today, Sunday, to spend some time playing tag indoors after enjoying the gorgeous sunny day in Seattle. What a contrast from yesterday when I painted the gray landscape!

A Canadian artist Joanne Griesbrecht, whose work I admire, "tagged" me on her blog.

This is how the game works:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know.

My list of 7 not-so-usual things about me, even though I'm pretty much a "garden variety" artist, are the following:

1. I did my first painting (pastels) of Woodside Store (California Bay Area) when I was in grade school as part of a Girl Scout badge project. It was really pretty good.

2. Until high school I never was in one school longer than two years because we moved. I survived quite well because I loved new places and new people. I still get the "two year itch" but find it hard now to pull up stakes when the time comes.

3. I learned to play soccer in grade school, played collegiate field hockey besides all kinds of other sports. I also was a member of the county junior posse drill team, riding horseback in drills while carrying a flag on a pole!

4. Lots of 4H(raising/showing cattle) and FHA (home economics) kept me busy and provided plenty of fun. I even raised/showed Berkshire hogs! Have you tried to make a pig go where you wanted it to by using the end of a pole?

5. I wanted to major in piano but the college I attended wouldn't approve my second instrument (saxophone......played in marching and dance bands). They would accept voice, but I flunked the audition! So, I majored in chemistry (which I loved.......colors, even then) and worked in teaching and research until job openings disappeared for chemists in my area.

6. I studied four foreign languages and can't speak nor read much of any of them anymore, but they're a great help for crossword puzzles.

7. I took a watercolor class in 1976 and instantly loved the flowing water and paint. I still have my first watercolor, a farm landscape, to remind me of that experience. However, my brother critiqued with his construction foreman/superintendent eye "the silo is not plumb"!

Here are the blogs I'll be tagging because I like these artists' work.



1 comment:

Craig and Tanya Amberson, said...

Thanks so much for the tag and the nice comment about our "Tawny" painting. We have blue sky and sunshine up here in Arlington today. Hope your weather is just as nice down your way. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails