Friday, September 19, 2008

Original Sunflower Painting, Daily Painting by K Joann Russell


"Sunflower"
5 x 7" acrylic on canvas - gallery wrap
SOLD



Close Up View




Today as I started to set up my palette to finish a larger painting, I noticed one particular sunflower outside my windows. I switched to a new canvas, prepared it with a light orange wash of paint, allowed it to dry and then used a brush with dark red orange paint to draw the sunflower and the many leaves behind it.

The underpainting showed through as I played with various colors of yellows and yellow greens. I added light blue greens to cool those yellows a bit. I tried to make the brushwork expressive and made soft edges so that the image was not sharply defined. I had a lot of fun with this one.

The painting edges are painted as part of the imagery. A frame is not necessary. However, you could use one if you wanted to. The painting comes to you unframed. If you plan not to frame it, please let me know and I'll attach wire to the back of the painting.

Update: This painting was purchased by a person in California. To purchase other paintings or prints click here K Joann Russell.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails